5 Questions To Ask Before Choosing Your Paper
When creating a label there are many things to take into consideration such as the design, the size, the color, and the purpose of your label. Then, once you have that figured out, it is time to face the daunting task of choosing your paper stock. Selecting your paper stock does not have to be difficult, and the following five questions will make the process quick and simple.
1. What will your label be adhering to? The first thing you should determine is what kind of surface will your label be displayed upon. Will it be metal, plastic, glass, wood, or paper? Adhesives adhere differently to each surface type, so knowing what your label will be used upon is essential.
2. Does your label need to be removable or permanent? The adhesive that attaches to your label is important for ensuring that your labels meet your specific needs. Some of the popular types of adhesives are Ultra-Removable, Removable, and Permanent adhesive.
3. What will your labels be exposed to? Are your labels going to be vulnerable to harsh chemicals, UV rays, moisture, extreme outdoor conditions, or lots of wear and tear? If so, it is something that needs to be taken into consideration while selecting the durability of the label stock. We also offer special coatings, such as UV protection, that will help your labels resist the elements.
4. What kind of temperatures will your labels be subjected to? Will the temperature be below zero, room temperature, or scorching hot? We offer materials that will stay intact in even the most intense temperatures.
5. How long do you need these labels to last? Some labels are frequently replaced while others are expected to last for years. Knowing the expected shelf-life of your labels helps to determine the durability of paper that your labels will require.
Once you have answered the questions above, you are ready to tackle the paper selection process! Call us at 865-675-8490 to discuss your label needs. We look forward to helping you find the perfect solution for your business!